How’s everyone doing? Have you recovered from the Christmas and New Year celebrations yet? I know that some of my friends are still on holiday mode based on their Snapchat stories of their travels and endless dinners (I’m referring to your lechon snaps, Nix Alañon! LOL) and drinks. I’ve also been posting my version of holiday lounging at home but, I have to say, I’ve also been productive as I am able to blog regularly. Relaxation and the me-time my family gifted me have proven to be positive.
Here are some of the things that preoccupy me these days:
1. How to Find Happiness at Work video – I came across this advertisement while browsing online and I love it! The message is short, simple but impactful. Watch it!
Want to be happier at work? Stop paying attention to money and promotions, and start paying more attention to the people around you. Paul Dolan, a professor of behavioral science at the London School of Economics, explains how to refocus your attention on what truly matters. Watch our video from Credit Suisse’s 2015 Thought Leader Forum for his advice on finding workplace happiness.
2. Listening to Kat Edmonson – My daughter Aryanna introduced me to this artist. I’ve been listening to her songs (check out her albums Way Down Low and The Big Picture) a lot especially in the morning while I’m having coffee. Her music transports me to a different time. She is amazing!
3. Reading – I’ve been hitting the books at home. I forgot how many great tomes Tom and I own and how much I enjoy reading. It has inspired me in so many ways that I am obsessed with carving out time everyday so I can enjoy a good novel or get lost in my dreamy coffee table books. I also promised myself to cut down on purchasing books until I’ve read the ones I own.
4. Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener – I received this nail polish base last Christmas and Aryanna and I have been using it since. Most of the time, our nails would chip almost immediately but since using this nail hardener our manicures last longer. It contains real 18K gold specs that act as a form of shield or protective barrier to lock in moisture, nails grow longer & stronger.
Available in Rustan’s The Beauty Source
5. The Beachkins Bag – I was so giddy when I got this bag! I’ve been daydreaming about the beach and this plastic dream (not a licensed Hérmes Birkin creation) top handle got me all excited for my summer vacations and pool parties! I love the small size (approximately 30cm) and that it’s opaque and shiny. All the hardware is also made of vinyl so it holds up to salt water and would never rust plus, it’s water and sand-resistant. It’s a fun bag to have for the city or the seaside! Sooooo cuuute! Thank you, Vida Lim!
To order, visit www.vcasamanila.com or call +639175351305 +639176565615. For more information, check out Beachkins Philippines’ Facebook and Instagram