In case you’re not privy to this beauty term, MLBB stands for “My Lips But Better.” Basically, it describes the shade that most closely matches your natural lip color.
“My Lips But Better” shades come in nude, brown, pink and peach hues, which enhance the natural color of your lips. MLBB lipsticks and liquid lippies can add a little polish to your everyday look.
Here are some of my favorite (tried-and-tested) MLBB lippies that have the power to elevate your look in just a few swipes:
1. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Touch of Spice”
2. Colourpop in “Calypso”
3. L’Oreal Color Riche Matte Browns in “Chocolate Rouge”
4. L’Oreal Color Riche Matte Browns in “Peachy Brown”
5. MAC Cosmetics Matte in “Taupe”
6. Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in “Honeymoon Glow”
7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Cannes”
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Stockholm”
9. Maybelline Powder Matte Lipstick in “Touch of Nude”
10. Tattoo Junkee Lip Paint in “Skinny Dip”
11. Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in “N39”
12. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in “Clay Crush”
13. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in “Embrace”
14. Rouge Dior Couture Color in “365 New World”
15. Clinique Pop Lip Colour in “Bare Pop”
Tips to unlock your #MLBB shades:
Shop in person – Online makeup deals are tempting, but this is one product you want to try out in-person. Often, natural lip shades will appear like they’ll work for you in the tube, but look completely different once it’s on and against your skin tone. Once you find your MLBB Holy Grail then you can shop on the web, especially when it goes on sale! #hoard
Try it on when bare-faced
For a potential MLBB match, it’s best to test it when you have a clean, makeup-free face so you can see the natural tone of your complexion and whether the lip color is going to compliment you.
Swatch it (on your lips, not your arm!)
Trying on lipsticks and liquid lips at the beauty counter can be gross (sorry but it’s true) but the only way to find out the best color that compliments your skin tone is by wearing it on your lips and not on your arm or the back of your hand.
3 is the magic number!
I suggest buying at least 3 different MLBB hues: brown, pink and peach. Variety is key, ladies.
They say that red lipsticks make you feel more confident but MLBB’s enhance out your natural beauty!
Got Maybelline’s Touch of Nude lippie and ooohhhlala!!! At first, I thought I looked so pale coz’ I am more into reds and browns but wow….I just love it! Perfect shade this summer. ❤️???