Yes, it’s that time of the year again.
I’m sure a lot of us look forward to a fresh start in life and resolve to improve our lives. However, sometimes, the problem with the start of a new year is that most good intentions are often derailed within the first few weeks. Tao lang poh.
Make 2012 the year you make good on your New Year’s resolutions. From experience, I list down all my goals and map out a plan on how to achieve them. It’s easy to follow through when your thoughts and strategies are written down.
Here are my top 10 New Year’s resolutions:
1. Organize, organize, organize. I’m a Virgo so organization is vital to my existence. My goal this year is to get rid of unnecessary clutter. As of now, our home is 70% clutter-free. I still have several balikbayan boxes filled with garage sale items that I have to sell. I just need someone to organize the garage sale… in Makati… anyone?
By the end of the year, I want zero clutter.
2. Improve and upgrade our space. This year is all about “Maison Epperson”.
I’ve been also looking for the perfect bar cart for years! Read my post about it on my previous blog: http://mabuhaygirl.multiply.com/journal/item/407?&item_id=407&view:replies=reverse
3. Go digital! This coincides with my first resolution. If there’s one thing I am attached to in my life right now, it would have to be my magazines. My office houses shelves filled with fashion magazines that I have accumulated over the years. It has gotten out of control. I am still mustering the willpower to let go of them. I’m getting stressed just thinking about it, but I know I have to do it.
The iPad 2 that Century Tuna gifted me will be my new “bookshelf”.
Books are a different story. I love leafing through paper!
(Photo taken using Instagram)
Ayan! Naisingit ko ulit ang promotion ng book ko! Haha! Please grab your copies at National Book Store, Powerbooks and you can buy it online!
(Photo taken using Instagram)
4. Keep the weight off. After losing more than 10 lbs. (thank you Dr. Z and Dr. Aivee Teo!), it’s all about maintenance. I am going to eat smaller meals throughout the day rather than a few big ones. Portion control is King!
5. Drink more tea. Studies show drinking tea regularly is healthy and has lots of benefits.
(Photo taken using Instagram)
“The work in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition dispels the common belief that tea dehydrates.
Tea not only rehydrates as well as water does, but it can also protect against heart disease and some cancers, UK nutritionists found.
Experts believe flavonoids are the key ingredient in tea that promote health.
They found clear evidence that drinking three to four cups of tea a day can cut the chances of having a heart attack.”
6. Travel. I need more inspiration.
7. Live life with a purpose. This will be my mantra: “I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.” — Leo Rosten
8. To engage more with my amazing readers, my “Team JENNIration”, and Twitter followers. You guys inspire me to no end! I want to be more attuned to your opinions and suggestions.
9. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I have dry skin. From here on, I will make it a habit to moisturize daily, drink lots of water (and tea), and take Vitamin E.
I also need to upgrade my skin care regimen.
10. See life from a grateful point of view. The perils of being a “one woman show” is that life can sometimes be stressful. I believe that the way to combat stress is to focus on your blessings. When life throws you lemons, be glad that they’re not as hard as stones. Aray.
The New Year’s has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It’s a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes.
Remember: Start strong, start beautiful, just “start”!
Wishing everyone an abundant and amazing year! Happy New Year everyone!
Shopingero/shopingera, please feel free to share your top 10 New Year’s resolution in the comments box.
Happy New Year! 🙂 You might want to consider having an online garage sale. I work for a leading e-commerce site. I could help you set it up. 🙂
I am a virgo too! Happy New Year Jenn 😀
“Just Start” I like that. Short and sweet. Happy new year Jenni!
Hi Miss J!
Happy 2012 to your beautiful family ♥
Just a suggestion re the garage sale, why don’t u join the regular Bloggers United sale or the ones that Divine Lee and her friends organize? I’d love to have some of your pre-loved stuff 🙂
On the 1st day of 2012 I cleaned my closet and ended up with 3 big bags of stuff to donate to the Sendong victims. It’s one of my resolutions kasi to, to “dispose” stuff while they are still useful – and not because they are semi-damaged or off-seasaon na.
Thank you very much for the good vibes that you share to us. Hope to meet u in person soon!
Maybe donate to Sendong victims… It’s just a thought though… 🙂
We already donated to Sendong victims.
Hi Ms. Jenny! I can help you organize the garage sale. Where in Makati do you prefer to hold your garage sale? 🙂
I’ll wait for the “Dr. Aivee Teo’s diet”! 😀
I’ll blog it soon! Tune in!
Tea and travel, the two “t’s” I live by! Couldn’t agree more. So important for health and inspiration. Love your recos for the new year!
Good luck on your resolutions! You can do it!
Hi Jenni! I just bought your book and it was a blast, I gifted one to my bff – my mom. She liked it, and she can’t wait to use some of her learnings from your book.
I hope that on your next garage sale you can sell some of your fashion magazines! Thanks and more power!
Glad that you have a great relation ship with your mom a.k.a. “BFF”! Haha!
Hope you make meals and memories with your family using my book!
Hi Ms. Jenni! Would you know where I can find a good duvet here in Manila and whom can you recommend makes great bed sheets? I used to buy in Aussino but they closed down already.
Hi, Jenni! We’re happy to know that you’re loving the Anew Rejuvenate eye cream! 🙂