Every year, I blog about my New Year’s Resolutions. I wasn’t going to post my list this year for personal reasons but something made me change my mind: I saw the movie New Year’s Eve on HBO two nights ago. I was touched by Claire Morgan’s (played by actress Hilary Swank) speech:
(Referring to the New Year’s ball that has stopped half way through it’s perch) “It’s suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the new year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt coz that is what new years is all about- getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight and it will drop, let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long.”
I had apprehensions about putting myself out there and being judged by those who don’t believe in making a New Year’s Resolution list. Then I realized that this is my blog and I can post whatever I want. It’s a form of self-expression. Screw the non-believers. I rock my list every year and I’m going to continue to do better, improve myself and, maybe inspire others to do the same.
My New Year’s Resolutions for 2013:
1. Make exercise part of my lifestyle. Yes, it’s on top of my list this year. I have never made exercise a priority in my life because, first of all, I used to be rail thin. Secondly, I don’t have the time. Being a stylist, an entrepreneur, wife and mom, I work long hours and by the time I get home, I’m physically and emotionally tired.
I made plans this year on how to free-up some of my schedule so that I could exercise. I have a master plan and have people who will be helping me to achieve my goals. I will share with you my plan as soon as I can.
2. Read, read, read. No more just flipping through magazine pages and scanning books. I will harness all my willpower to focus on reading. God help the girl with A.D.D. Haha!
3. To finish my project for Xandra Ramos. This was suppose to be launched last year but everything fell into place last minute. I only have a few weeks left to work on it but I have my dream team helping me on this. I believe it’s going to be a first of its kind in the Philippines. I’m so excited! I hope you guys support me on this. I also hope you’ll love it as much as I do! I will update you soon.
4. Travel more and explore different places. My trip to Guam last December was one for the books. I’m looking forward to more adventures!
I also want to travel with Tom more. We’ve done a few quick sojourns to Hong Kong last year. It was so much fun! I’ve never blogged about them but I’m thinking of posting them soon. Let’s see.
5. Meet new friends (but keep the old, because “one is silver and the other is gold!” Haha!)
6. As Kelly Wearstler is my witness, I will have a proper dining table this year. Remember my bar cart resolution I made last year? Well, I finally got myself a fabulous Society Social drink trolley! Yay! This year is all about Maison Epperson’s dining set!
7. Throw more intimate dinner and tea parties at home. I love entertaining guests!
8. Meditate. I want to learn how to sit in silence and focus on my breathing. I need more clarity in my life as I get busier.
9. Sleep early, wake up early. Yes, very loley lang ‘tong resolution na ‘to pero ganyan talaga ang buhay. LOL
10. Eat more sardines and fish. Omega 3 is the name of the game!
Like what the Claire said in her speech, “New Year is all about getting another chance to do better, to do more”. I like a bit of pressure in my life that’s why making a New Year’s Resolution list works for me. Personally, I find being effortless overrated. To move forward takes effort sometimes, a lot of it.
Shoppingero/shoppingera, what are your New Year’s Resolutions? Please share.
🙂 love everything about ur blogs!
I’m excited for you and I will follow your progress and cheer you on. I do make resolutions every year but I really need to develop the discipline to follow through. It is hits and misses with me.
ang lakas maka-donya ng caftan, louboutins and a pitcher of water! love it!
Hahaha! Donya levelz!
Looking forward to meet the members (and the mother) of Team Jenniration! 🙂
You have my support, Ms. Jenni! Andaming future ‘pasabowg’ ang post mo na to. Excited. Hehe
Thanks for your support, Perry!
Yes, pasabowg galore! Saya!
All d best in new 2013!!big kisses from italy
Please Please Please Ms jenni, post the HK sojourn…will celebrate my bday at HK on February! MP!
Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is
Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date
with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.