Great makeup application begins with using the right tools. But with so many different kinds of brushes on the market these days, where do you even begin? For me, the first thing before buying any face tools is to know what look you want to achieve. If you love the contoured and precised-looking finish, dense brushes are the way to go. But if you’re like me who thrives on the natural, no-makeup makeup look, a diffused set of brushes are probably what you need.
What better way to practice your makeup skills than buying your own set of makeup tools?
Here’s the 411 on my new Sephora.PH purchases:
This collection basically has two sets of teflon bristles: the white, top portion of the brush is diffused for a lighter finish while the black part is denser to hold the powder.
Duo-Fiber Face Brush – Since it is not such a densely packed brush it gives a light, natural finish perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. It’s also good for applying blush or for applying light setting powder so you don’t look too cake-y.
Duo-Fiber Contour Brush – Again, using this brush will give your face a lightly contoured, less sculpted look. Great for daytime makeup look!
Duo-Fiber Blending Eye Brush – For me, it’s the best~ out of the collection because blending eyeshadow is important!! Good for the crease area; this can also be used for under eye concealer. It’s multipurpose! This brush gives a very soft/light application.
Overall, I use this brush collection for just setting powders and for very light application. Also, I super love white-colored make up brushes as they look pristine on top of my boudoir.
Buy them here.
This is probably one of my favorite makeup brush because it’s compact, multipurpose and easy to use!
What I love:
• soft, dense bristles
• retractable brush/cap keeps the shape of the brush without damaging the bristles — also makes it on the go
• looks similar to a stippling brush (can probably also be used with foundation or other powder products, so it’s super multipurpose/for multitasking)
• good for foundation application — time saving because it’s a big brush and covers the face quickly, good coverage and finish
• adding bronzer with it gives a soft, natural finish; despite the big brush, it’s easy to control the amount of product — not necessarily for contouring but better for giving a bronzed/tanned glow
• nice to apply blush with if you want a flushed look rather than a super defined blushed cheekbone
Did I mention that it’s compact (great for traveling) and the bronze-colored casing is super glam?!!
You can buy it here.
All I can say is, it’s the ultimate tool for precision application of liquid or cream eyeliner!
What I love:
• creates both thick and fine lines
• easy brush to handle especially for beginners
• good for gel/cream liners
• distributes product evenly
• the brush doesn’t shed
• work slowly and lightly if you want control and to be able to get very fine lines
Shop it here.
I personally like Real Techniques makeup brushes as they are good quality and affordable. They are easy to clean plus, sleek-looking (#mahalaga)!
Get your make up game strong and add to cart these Real Techniques brushes available in Sephora.PH!
Real Techniques brushes are made with hand-cut synthetic bristles and 100% cruelty-free.
This post is in partnership with Sephora.PH. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting collaborations that I’m excited about and that have kept JenniEpperson.com’s doors open. I appreciate it.