I was on Dr. Aivee Teo’s H2 Diet for the last 3 months (and 2 rounds of H2 injections) and I’m happy to report that I have lost 14 pounds!!! For real! I’m off the H2 injections for two weeks to give my body a break. I’ve also been very good about the food I eat but since I’m on a diet break, I’ve indulged in some yummy dishes!
Here are my 5 guilty pleasures:
1. Karai Tokusei Tsukemen from Mendokoro Ramenba, Salcedo Village, Makati – I am all about the “dipping noodles!” I loooooove Mendokoro Ramenba’s room temperature noodles that are served separately with a hot dipping soup and Aji Tamago (boiled egg) on the side. The soup is rich and savory and you can choose between mild or spicy. The spiciness is tolerable and it’s perfect for my palette. It also comes with a slice of pork that melts in your mouth. OMG.
I’m glad Mendokoro Ramenba is not within walking distance of my house or else I would have failed my diet!! LOL
2. Genki Sushi, BGC Stopover – Aryanna introduced me to this Japanese sushi chain and it’s become one of our favorite restos. The food is served on conveyor belts, and cute trains/sports cars delivering small plates and bowls of Japanese eats! My favorite is the Fried Chicken Gunkan which is a boat-shaped sushi topped with boneless friend chicken and Japanese mayo. Sooo good! Their Salmon Sashimi, Agedashi Tofu and Gyoza are musts too. Finish your meal with their DIY green tea (powdered green tea).
Warning: while it’s fun to order, the bill can rack up pretty quickly so be mindful when you choose your meals.
Tip: This place gets packed quickly during lunch time so go for an early or late lunch.
3. Grilled Angus Beef Burger from Gillarmy Lounge, Discovery Primea – During our last stay in Discovery Primea, I literally discovered their mouth-watering burger— angus beef burger with caramelized onions, aged cheddar and bacon on parmesan bun. I super love the bacon-jam like topping and the beef patty is juicy and delish! For me, it’s one of the best burgers in town that’s worth the calories and the P595++ price tag.
4. Pancetta Carbonara, Le Petit Soufflé, Century City Mall – I’m always impressed when carbonara pasta is served topped with an egg yolk but the real test is in the flavor and if the raw egg doesn’t give you the runs after eating. This particular carbonara ticks all three. The aged cheese, pancetta and shaved parmesan give the pasta the salty taste and roasted cashews on top give the crunchy texture of the creamy sauce. This is GOALS!
Disclaimer: I shared this dish (and calories-haha) with Aryanna and Dylan.
5. Grilled pineapple, Matcha and Tim Tam Parfait from Le Petit Soufflé, Century City Mall – Good news: this matcha soft serve with chocolate magic shell served in a cone is decadently delicious! From the sugar strands to the grilled pineapple, every bite is delightful (it rhymes!). The bad news: it’s only available on weekends for a limited time.
I have made the calories count with these treats but it’s time to focus on my low-calorie diet again.
Try them and indulge for me, OK?