Php 88 stores are the equivalent of the dollar stores in the States. Once best known as the lowly place for novelty items, the ubiquitous bargain store has become a haven for bargain-seeking shoppers. Sometimes you get what you pay for, but often the things they sell are good products at a great discount — a real bargain!
Here are my top 8 buys:
Tableware. Plates, bowls, coffee mugs, tea cups, glass or ceramic pitchers and all for P88 (sometimes even less) a piece. Consider that even the good stuff will eventually break, chip, crack, you can’t beat that.
Napkin holders. Great for outdoor entertaining and they double as glamorous mobile phone holders. Also, anything acrylic is love!
Party needs. The products are cute and the price, unbeatable.
Ball/balloon pump. It’s handy to have one around.
Bicycle cover. Protect your bikes and scooters!
Magnets. Aryanna buys a lot of her magnets for her locker at the Php88 store. They are cute and affordable!
Hooks. You’ll find the cutest magnetic and stick-on hooks from the Php 88 stores!
Baskets and containers. Get organized without breaking the bank.
It is easy to get distracted by items at the Php 88-store that appear to be a good deal. But, how do you separate the trash from the treasure? Here are a few of my suggestions on what NOT to buy:
• Food and drinks – be aware of expiration dates and quality.
• Beauty and baby products – when in comes to skin, mouth and hair care products, many products the Php 88-store carries may not be safe. Do your research, but it’s probably best to buy products you already know and trust. Be especially careful of products you buy for your baby.
• Light bulbs and batteries – if you’re looking for something long-lasting, invest on real ones.
• Scented candles – their quality is sub-par.
• Generic dish liquid – they hardly sud and are of poor quality.
• Kitchen tools – generic knives, graters and pizza cutters dull quickly.
Shop smart and compare prices from retail stores. Happy bargain-shopping!