Start the year beautiful! Committing to a skin care regimen and learning how to properly put on makeup becomes easy when you make them a habit. This year is also about trying new things. I discovered so many wonderful beauty, skin and hair care products last year and I’m looking forward to more this year!
Here’s my beauty round-up for the start of the year:
1. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 – It’s a foundation and serum in one! A long-wearing, super-silky foundation serum that gives your face a flawless yet natural-looking makeup coverage. It makes my skin look radiant! Formulated with SPF 40, it also has anti-aging properties. I like wearing it for daytime. I also love that it has a dropper which makes application hygienic.
2. NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – The worst thing about spending time in blending in your eyeshadow is for it to smudge. This product will help prevent it. Dries in seconds too!
3. Clinique Pink With a Purpose Cheek Pop in “Berry Pop” – Don’t be intimidated by its brightness, just be careful to use it sparingly—a little goes a long way. A lightweight powder blush made for layering, build up to achieve a richer hue if desired.
4. L’Occitane Crème à Masser Rééquilibrante Aromachologie (Rebalancing Massage Cream) – If you like home massages, do yourself a favor and skip the generic oils provided by your masseuse. Buy your own massage cream. This particular massage creme smells divine and made me melt in my bed.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Operation Pore-Proof Kit – It’s a great starter kit for those who thread between matte and dewy skin. These miniature products are also perfect for those who are on the go. I’d get this kit again just to hoard on the tiny Shy Beam (I really like the soft baby-pink hue and puts a spotlight on my face without the shimmer)!
6. Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Multi Stick – This will have to be my super favorite product to date! I have to thank my daughter Aryanna for gifting me this magic stick! I have dry skin and this collagen stick has become my savior. I apply it frequently whenever my skin needs care throughout the day. I actually have two sticks: I use one just for my face and the other one is for my hands, neck, elbows and sometimes, I smear it on my legs too. It’s moisturizing without being greasy. Best part: smells good (aka hindi amoy “matanda”, joke!) Two legs up!
Another year, another reason to put extra attention on our skin and hair to help age gracefully.
Happy New Year, happy Monday!