I’ve always been a morning person. I feel more productive and energized when I sleep early and wake up before the crack of dawn. Of course, there are some exceptions like if I have a shoot that lasts till the wee hours of the morning or when I go out at night with friends (very, very rare these days) then it’s a race to beat the sunrise, haaaay! LOL
Seriously, I love mornings! Waking up before my entire household and family gives me a few hours or minutes to myself. It’s wonderful.
Here are some of my morning rituals that help me get inspired and motivated the whole day:
1. Start slow and smile. I detest alarm clocks. As much as possible, I like waking up to my own body clock. I get up slowly in the morning and do all my womanly business in the bathroom. Then, I smile at myself in the mirror for a few seconds. I read somewhere that by doing so, it can boost ones self-esteem. It’s basically just a matter of seeing a happy you reflected back in the mirror. Try it! 🙂
2. Lighting a scented candle. This is a ritual that literally burns my money but it’s a good investment to start the day happy. Also, it triggers feel-good emotions depending on the scent you choose. I like anything vanilla or pine scented during the cool season and floral ones for Summer. Choose candles only made from soy and beeswax.
3. Drink your health. I’ve been drinking warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning for sometime now. The lemon helps get the digestive system ready for the coming meals, and makes the water tastier. Then I drink more water to rehydrate my body.
I also make a simple green smoothie (I use kale or spinach or other leafy, green veggies; pineapple or green apple; cucumber, and 1 tbsp. of freshly grounded flaxseed and some ice cubes). I do this every other day or at least 3 times a week. I only eat my breakfast after 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In between the days I don’t drink green juice, I make myself a cup of coffee and sit in silence. Namaste.
4. Read something inspirational. I’m being honest here, I grab my phone in the morning to check my Instagram feed. I’m a visual person so looking at inspiring photos stimulate my senses. Then I read a book or magazine or anything inspiring. I never check my email until I’m done with breakfast.
5. Say a little prayer. I start and end the day with a grateful heart and thank God for all my blessings.
By the time I’m done with my morning rituals, our helpers are already up and so is my son. I’m ready to face the
The key to waking up refreshed in the morning is obviously, sleeping early at night. Since I put my son to bed between 8:30-9:00 PM, I usually fall asleep with him. So if you send me a text, email or call me after those hours, sorry na lang. Bukas ka na, haha!
Shoppingero/shoppingera, do you have a morning ritual? Please share.