I know, I know. I have yet to post photos from my book launch and the Nuffnang Blog Awards event in Malaysia, but I have so many photos to edit! Will work on it soon.
I’m on chill mode as of now because my work’s done for this week. After 11 months of non-stop work, I finally get to slow down and enjoy the fruits of my labor. I deserve this time off.
Christmas at Maison Epperson is now on overdrive! Wala na ‘tong atrasan! Todo kung todo! Haha!
Here are my Top 10 Christmas Treats to make the holidays merrier and bright:
1. Give love. Let’s do our part to help Sendong flood victims.
Here’s how: http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow
Self-righteous people can skip this:
This 28th of December, 2011, Seventh HIGH is holding a charity drive for the victims of typhoon Sendong in participation with DSWD. Seventh HIGH, a year old boutique nightclub in Manila, has been known to throw special charity events for different causes, including Breast Cancer Awareness, Pediatric Cancer Wards, and even HIV efforts. In light of the recent tragedy in Mindanao, Seventh HIGH seals 2011 with what the hope would be their biggest call to compassion.
Seventh HIGH Operation Sendong. Raising awareness among the urbanites of Manila, it encourages its attendees to help by bringing donations or pay door charge in order to be part of the party. Donations and door proceeds will be given to DSWD in their relief efforts for the victims of typhoon Sendong.
Supported by a large roster of celebrity and model dj’s, bartenders, and guests, the young club hopes to give its attendees an inspirational celebration of humanity that brings together music, fashion, and arts in a unified effort to revive Mindanao.
This event is open to public. Seventh HIGH is located at 7th Avenue, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City. For inquiries and reservations, interested groups and individuals may call 09063786916.
2. Indulge without feeling guilty. Thanks to Dr. Aivee Teo, I lost more than 10 lbs. (will blog about my weight-loss program soon). As much as I want to keep it off during the holidays, I also want to enjoy some of the traditional holiday treats like hot cocoa!
Here are some healthier alternatives to the decadent cocoa drink:
3. Movie marathon. Ditch the usual GG, SATC, Modern Family, etc. series and pop some Christmas DVD or VCD classics and watch them with kids! Here are some of our favorites:
4. The candy cane can. You can use them as a holiday table centerpiece, decorative ornament, and as a dessert!
5. Jingle bell rock! What better way to set the holiday mood than listening to your favorite Christmas carols!
7. Make meals and memories with your loved ones. This is the perfect time to bond with your family. Help out in the kitchen or offer a hand in setting up the table for the Noche Buena feast.
8. Bake or buy cookies! Christmas won’t be the same without the smell of baked (or heated) cookies!
9. Holiday style. Wear a festive holiday sweater (yes, even grandma’s knitted gift) or a Christmas print pajamas, never mind what fashion experts say, tradition vetoes trends every time!;D
10. Say a little prayer. Give thanks to the Lord for all the blessings that has come your way and pray for those in need.
For those who are missing their families this Christmas, remember that home is where love and laughter exist. Make the best of the season wherever you are or whomever you’re with. The spirit of Christmas is in everyone’s heart!
Shopingero/shopingera, what’s your top 10 Christmas treats?